Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many deer am I allowed to harvest?
- How many deer can a youth hunter take?
- Will the bag limit for a youth hunter change the number of deer an adult can harvest?
- Can I hunt with a Cross Bow?
- What is the cost to bring a non hunter/significant other with me?
- How many Acres do you have available to hunt?
- How much is a youth hunt?
- Can I bring two youths along with me?
- Are there any trophy fees?
- Are there any hidden fees?
- Can I bring my own stand?
- What is the typical size deer killed?
- What is the success rate of your hunts?
- What are your minimum requirements in regard to antler size?
- What are the requirement for hunter education courses?
- Do you offer quantity discounts for group hunts?
- Do you run game cameras prior to the hunt so hunters can have some idea of what is using a particular farm?
- Do you have discounts for active military?
1.Each adult hunter can take a single deer unless he chooses to purchase up to two (2) additional antler less tags from the Indiana DNR. We do not charge any additional fee if the adult hunter elects to harvest these additional antlerless deer, however the hunter must purchase the additional tags.
2. Youth hunters can harvest up to three (3) deer. The accompanying adult may not kill any deer on a youth license.
3. No. A youth hunter’s bag limit does not affect the bag limit of the paid adult parent or guardian.
4. Yes. You can hunt with a cross bow during the archery season.
5. We charge $150 for each non hunter who wishes to accompany you. This includes non hunting children, wives, significant others & camera men.
6. We lease several area farms. The total number of acres on these farms exceeds 2000.
7. A youth hunter in Indiana is someone who is 17 years old or younger. One youth hunter can hunt for free with an accompanying, paid adult hunter. They must hunt from the same stand per Indiana law. For more information see our YOUTH HUNT PAGE
8. You can only have a single free youth hunt per paid adult. Arrangements for additional youth hunters can be made provided we can get an adult to accompany them on the stand. There is an additional charge in this case.
9. Bushy Creek does not charge any trophy fees.
10. No there are no hidden fees whatsoever. You are free to tip your guide but it is not required.
11. Yes you are free to bring your own stand. Each hunter who hunts from an elevated stand is required to wear a safety belt or safety harness of some sort. We have extra safety harnesses available.
12. Our typical buck will score between 110 to 130. Our hunters usually report seeing several bucks around 120″ to 130″ with the occasional 140″ and above. Last season we took a 181″ deer (See Our Testimonial page). In 2016 we took a bock that scored 160 and in 2015 we took a buck that scores 179. In 2014 we took a buck that scored 156″
13. Most of our hunters report shot opportunities. Over 90% shot opportunity in 2014, 2015 and 2016. In some cases they choose to wait for a bigger buck. On average our success rate overall will run about 70% to 80%.
14. You are free to harvest any buck, regardless of the size of it’s antlers. You are only allowed to harvest a single antlered buck deer per season in Indiana. This is Indiana law and is strictly enforced. You can get more information regarding Indiana hunting regulations HERE.
15. Anyone born after Dec. 31, 1986 must have successfully completed a DNR-offered hunter education class to purchase a hunting license.
16. For groups of 4 paid hunters we will discount each hunt bu $150 bringing the total cost to $1150 per person. A deposit of $250 is still required for each paid hunter. The discount does not apply until and unless all 4 hunters are paid in full.
For Example: If you book four hunters for your group but only three end up going, the discount does not apply.
17. Yes we run a series of game cameras so our hunters can have some idea of what the activity is like on their farm, however in 2017 the Indiana DNR initiated a regulation prohibiting the supplemental feeding of deer. As a result, we are no longer able to position our scouting cameras over bait even prior to hunting season. This may limit to number of game camera photos we get in the spring and summer of 2017 and 2018.
18. Yes we have a discount for active military. Please call 765-580-2048 for additional information.